At our Surgical Weight Control Center serving the greater Waterbury area, we follow the National Institute of Health guidelines for bariatric surgery. You may be a candidate if you meet the following criteria.
- Between the ages of 18 and 65.
- Have been overweight for more than 5 years.
- BMI > 40kg/m2 or a BMI > 35kg/m2 with other medical conditions like diabetes, high blood pressure, or difficulty sleeping.
- Failed previous weight loss attempts.
- Committed to the lifestyle change associated with weight loss surgery.
- Willing to follow the dietary guidelines after surgery.
Many insurance companies cover bariatric surgery, however it is important for you to check with your company to determine if you qualify.
If you would like more information about weight loss surgery and our program, register for a free seminar.